Sunday, August 15, 2010

Love Chemical

"You make chemicals run in my blood just by looking, you take my free will and throw it away"
from "The Great Escape" by BT featuring Caroline Lavelle.

It's strange to think that something as powerful as love, is literally just a chemical reaction, that's all it is.

I found myself wondering this morning why they haven't developed a pill to counteract love - a kind of  love antidote if you will.

Then I realized that this would, in fact - should it be formulated, be the worst thing that humans had ever done - worse than any weapon, any virus, any of our many, many other destructive endeavors.

I guess I believe that to love is our singular and ultimate purpose for existence.

But if there was a love antidote pill there right now, I'd take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment