Monday, November 15, 2010

Songs to die to

Building A Wall Inside, A Wall Round My Heart.




I haven't listened to this for a long time, which is strange given that it's by far one of my favourite pieces of music ever. It's one of those songs that is the first to jump into my head when I think of 'songs to put on a suicide playlist' - as in, the last thing you want your ears to hear, if you can give yourself the choice.

It's been so long since I last listened, that the impact of hearing this again was quite profound, it was new all over again - the break at 4.19 literally took my breath away and reduced me to tears, I'd forgotten how beautiful it was, It's like the sound of love, tearing open a calloused heart.

I think it would also be a good litmus test on a suicide playlist - If I can hear this and still not find the beauty in life, then it truly is time to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment